Intel® Euclid™ Development Kit
The Intel® Euclid™ Development Kit features the integration of Intel® RealSense™ depth camera technology, a motion camera, and an Intel® Atom™ x7-Z8700 Quad core CPU to produce a compact and sleek all-in-one computer and depth camera. The Intel® Euclid™ Development Kit is designed to be operable out of the box with pre-installed software including an Ubuntu* operating system.
The Intel® Euclid™ Development Kit features the integration of Intel® RealSense™ depth camera technology, a motion camera, and an Intel® Atom™ x7-Z8700 Quad core CPU to produce a compact and sleek all-in-one computer and depth camera. The Intel® Euclid™ Development Kit is designed to be operable out of the box with pre-installed software including an Ubuntu® operating system.
The Intel® Euclid™ Development Kit is ideal for the robotics community, software developers, makers and other users that desire depth sensing, compute and communications in a mobile and compact package.
The contents of the kit include:
- Intel® Atom™ x7-8700 Quad-Core processor.
- 4GB memory, 32GB storage.
- Intel® RealSense™ ZR300 Depth Camera components.
- Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® wireless communications.
- USB 3.0, Micro HDMI*, and USB OTG/Charging ports.
- Environmental sensors including inertial measurement unit, barometric pressure sensor, GPS, and proximity sensor.
- Battery and Power Adapter (extra power adapter may be require.
- USB and HDMI* cable.
- Pre-installed Ubuntu* 16.04 operating system.
- Pre-installed ROS (Robotics Operating System) wrapper with support for RealSense depth camera and middleware.
- Determine position & orientation using visual odometry.
- Enables 3D spatial perception using motion tracking, depth perception, and area learning.
- Robust tracking enabled by using depth, wide FOV camera and IMU.
Indoor and Outdoor(1) performance
- 3.5m indoor range and longer range outdoors.
- Uses IR projector for indoor usages and ambient IR from sunlight for outdoors.
- IR pattern provides texture to non-textured objects.
- No multi-camera interference. Supports multi-camera configuration.
ASIC designed by Intel
- ASIC processes advanced algorithm.
- Enables high depth resolution & frame rate at low power.
- High frame rate enables tracking performance for 3D scanning applications.
Fully calibrated camera
- Ubuntu* 16.04.
- Robotic Operating System (ROS) Kinetic Kame.
- Custom software layer on top of Ubuntu and ROS provided to allow developers to control the device using a web interface.
- Remote desktop application.
- Evaluation versions of Intel SLAM and Person Tracking Middleware.
Ideal platform for Robotics
- Developers can run, monitor, and manage their robotics application(s) easily with the web interface.
- Simplified design and development environment with pre-installed ROS and out of the box usage.
- Sample applications provided to allow users to quickly start ROS-based robot movement.
- The software layer enables seamless usage with any ROS-based robot such as Turtlebot* or Arduino*, allowing users to quickly add sensing capabilities by plugging the device into an existing robot.
- Pre-developed “Scenarios” are provided. (Scenarios are a collection of ROS nodes which enable specific tasks. New “Scenarios” are easily created by selecting ROS nodes via the web interface).
- Rapidly test code on multiple robots or devices.
- Develop and test code on the Intel Euclid Developer Kit by connecting a display, keyboard and mouse and using the Ubuntu desktop environment.
- Power is supplied to Euclid via the supplied battery (or via the power adapter box).
(1) The middleware has been optimized for indoor use and has not been tested for outdoor use.
|Use Environment||Indoor & Outdoor|
|Operating Temperature||35°C Max (Still air)|
|Depth Technology||Active IR Stereo|
|Stereo Imagers Resolution & Frame Rate||2 x VGA @ 60 fps , global shutter, fixed focus|
|Stereo Imagers FOV (D×V×H)||70° x 46° x 59°|
|RGB camera resolution and frame rate||2MP, Up to 1080p @ 30fps, 16:9, rolling shutter, fixed focus|
|RGB camera FOV (D x V x H||75° x 41.5° x 68°|
|Depth Output Resolution & Frame Rate||Up to 628×468 @ 60 fps|
|Depth Output Format||16-bit|
|Minimum Depth Distance (Min-Z)||- 0.6m (628×468)
- 0.5m (480x360)
|Maximum Range||Varies depending on light conditions|
|Tracking Module||- Fisheye camera resolution: VGA @ 60 fps
- Fisheye camera FOV (D×V×H): 166° × 100° × 133°
- IMU: 3-axis accelerometer & 3-axis gyroscope
- IMU Time Stamp: 50 μsec accuracy
|CPU||Intel™ Atom® x7-Z8700 Quad Core CPU up to 2.4GHz burst|
|Memory||4 GB LPDDR3-1600|
|Storage||eMMC MLC 5.0, 32GB|
|Storage expansion||Micro SD card slot (up to 128 GB)|
|I/O Ports||Micro USB 3.0, USB OTG, UART (micro USB connector), micro HDMI (4K2K@30fps)|
|Input Voltage||5V/3A via battery terminals|
|Power Consumption||5W nominal(1)|
|Graphics||Intel Gen 8 GPU|
|WLAN||802.11 a/b/g/n, 1x1 DB|
|GPS||GNS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, WAAS, EGNOS|
|Audio||Low Power, Dual I2S interface, Speaker 1W Mono|
|Microphone||D-MIC, X3, Noise Cancellation|
|Sensors||Integrated Sensor Hub (ISH), Accelerometer, Digital compass, gyroscope, Ambient light, Proximity, Environmental (Barometer, Altimeter, Humidity, Temperature), Thermal|
|UART||Micro USB 2.0 connector|
|Mounting||¼” standard tripod mounting hole|
|LEDs||- Power (Green) – Power ON/OFF indicator
- Charging (Red) – Low power and charging indicator
|Battery||3.8V 2000 mAh|
|Operating System||Ubuntu* 16.04|
(1) CPU 70% utilization, Depth mode = VGA @ 60fps, Color mode = HD @30 fps, and Fisheye mode = VGA @ 60fps. Power consumption is affected by workloads and operating conditions. Actual power consumption may vary.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States.
The Intel Euclid is a discontinued product and does not include any support or warranty.
CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
This software is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, Specially Designated Nationals, and entities on the Bureau of Export Administration Entity List or involved with missile technology or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons).